Friday 2 November 2012

Winter Plates - Display

Yet again I’ve got building work going on today (!) and since I can’t make any pots I thought I’d do a quick blog update. I’ve been meaning to blog this for ages in fact, but got distracted. Back in August (in the middle of summer!) I was making a couple of side plates on the theme of ‘Winter’. You might remember the post. This was for a promotional photo idea for an Etsy team which I’m a member of, called the UK Clay Users or UCU for short. The idea was to design and make plates that could be arranged as a wintery themed wall display.

As you can see in the photo above the collection of plates look really good together – we all seemed to colour coordinate! And the winter theme really does show through in the display. The photo and the idea itself is all thanks to Jude Winnal of VanillaKiln on Etsy – a big thanks Jude for all your hard work! And all our plates were made available for sale in our Etsy shops: mine is still available here, along with a smaller sister plate with a different decoration. To find out more about each individual plate and shop links, here’s a link to the UCU blog post. UCU is also now on Pinterest too.


4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your stuff! Thanks for sharing. Im a new follower, hope you can come and see my corner of the blog world soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Helen! Yes, off to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very impressed by the info that you have on this site. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject.
    Paint a Pot

    ReplyDelete